View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 07:19 AM
250kt Final
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
"Pilots can expect a 3-5 day work week"

How do they manage to work 3 days a week (I was also told 4 at one point), when other carriers are 5/2 M-F or T-Sat?
It depends on the route you fly and if it’s UPS or USPS. Also each base has its own way of operating. I’ve been out of the loop for a while but I had an awesome schedule when I was there. Even though Alpine is cargo it’s not like other carriers I.e Ameriflight. The company has gone above and beyond to improve qol for its pilots. I’m still scratching my head why many people place Ameriflight on this golden pedestal like it’s the god of cargo companies when there are better cargo companies out there if one chooses that route. Alpine still has the quarterly and Christmas bonus I believe and that helps, and yes double bonus for Christmas time. When I was at Alpine, if the company had the aircraft and the pilots they would completely displace ameriflight out of SLC. Perhaps that’s still the plan as they grow since they already have taken over a handful of routes from them there.