View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 AM
hfbpilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: A300 F/O

I do not understand why you guys keep sparring with Skyhigh he deserves no sympathy. He did not make it, so no one else should end of story. His analogies are simplistic, all of us who fly aircraft to the limits set by the manufactures test pilots every day know better. It takes skills to do that or handle the aircraft during an emergency. We land the aircraft when the aircraft automation “auto pilot” cannot. ie strong crosswinds, slippery conditions, inop equipment, etc. I too paid my dues for a decade before FedEx and many of my fellow inspiring pilots quit and are now just as jaded as Skyhigh “see the common thread” because I did not make it all airline pilots are over paid and under worked. Does every inspiring doctor, lawyer, Indian chief make it regretfully no! If it is so easy to fly why do so many fail our simulator interview?????? Flying did not make you move or go broke your decisions did you were a civilian like me we could accept or reject jobs to my knowledge only the military guys HAD to move. Do I have super human skills? No I can prang it on with the best of them but I do have the flying skills required for my job and regardless of what you say not every 172 pilot has them. Its the reason most ga airports are quiet during bad wx or very windy conditions. Also all month I have been shooting mostly nonpercision apchs in a heavy jet A300 at JFK VOR13L and MIA LOC08L every flight, so much for your ILS autoland every apch theory. I still have my first wife of 11 years and a beautiful daughter who I spend lots of time with. Sure I miss some special days but knew that when I took the job. Hope Skyhigh keeps up his ranting! Less inspiring pilot’s mean the pilot supplies will dry up and wages will increase. Ie the law of supply and demand. The same one he quotes for lowering our wages also works in reverse. After reading your billion or so post I think your not making it was more your attitude than a company folding. Proudly flying the line hfbpilot