View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 01:23 PM
flyerforhire
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by Flymeaway View Post
Yeah herewego is right. Mainline has been insisting that we have more ready reserves available so CS has been handing out a lot more RR assignments in the past year or so. Outstation bases usually don’t have many or any, but hubs can have 4 or 5 guys sitting around for 8 hours. And they always get used last, which means usually not at all. It means you end up getting paid to sit around the airport reading a book or watching Netflix for the day. There are harder jobs out there, but it doesn’t get you closer to mainline and most guys don’t like it.
Thank you for all of the information! I really do appreciate it. At first, I would certainly want to fly, coming back after not flying for a while. I would then upgrade, and get flying done as captain. But, after getting comfortable in the left seat, I would be fine hanging out until I get a regular line.. I very likely would just stay at the most junior base, since I will be commuting anyway. I will wrap up my career at whatever regional I land at. So, getting hours for the sake of hours isn't too important to me. Feeling comfortable with flying again is what is most important to me.