Thread: Rumors
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 07:08 AM
Tuck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO

Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
I recommend looking at what's going on in Asia, as they (China, HKG, Japan, South Korea, SIN, etc.) had about a month head start on this thing. Now that COVID has mostly gone through there, have things returned to normal? As a HKG resident, it absolutely has not. HKG and the other Asian hubs are now a widebody parking lot.

As a guy with only around two years at a US major airline, I'm pretty nervous. I hope things do return to normal in a couple of months, but I fear this may have been a trigger for a financial market that was due for a big correction anyway. Much like 9/11. Again, I hope I'm wrong... But look outside the US for a reality check for how aviation is being affected.
spot on - the idiots posting here about how this will all just blow over in a week have no idea - clearly domestic flyers for life. We are a global economy and this remains to be incredibly impactful. There will be pilot furloughs by the summer - every single indicator points to it and the news continues to get worse.

it took China about 5 weeks to get a hold of their issues once it was well known. We are in about week 2 here and don’t have the powers of the Chinese government. Not even near the peak. It’s going to get worse.