View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 04:14 PM
sobo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by StickPig View Post
I’ve sent two emails over three days with no response. Im absolutely certain that you’re right in them being the last to know anything concrete, but still pretty nerve wracking when we’re all a few days away from having to put in notice at our current employers. Trying to stay positive as I know we aren’t the only ones affected...
You’re preaching to the choir. Last year, I was supposed to be in April class and I got a 1 week notice saying I wasn’t in it anymore because it was cut in half. I was told a May class... Then weeks prior I got another notice saying classes we deferred indefinitely. I then waited until September for a class date.

Management, marketing, crew planning are always evaluating what they need to do to run the operation efficiently. Whatever they decide gets passed on to recruiting. The staffing situation is unfortunately more volatile than ever. Trust me though, the hiring contacts you have will do everything in their power to be fair and upfront with you. JA was absolutely a saint in the process.

I was glad I waited, it was worth it in the end despite being so uncertain. Just do what you can to hold on and obviously stack the cards in your favor if something better than your current situation comes along.