Thread: Trade Work
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 01:39 PM
paulcg77
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A shack in Kailua

Originally Posted by Firefly899 View Post
Guys, I apologize. I lost my s$?t earlier. Its been a rough 24 hours personally. I apologize, seriously. My grammar demonstrated I probably should have just pressed the “OFF” button on my phone. I feel for everyone and want no more for this to end for everyone with the least amount of pain.

Once again, my apologies.
If you're willing to work in healthcare and you and your family get the virus and then get immunity, as unattractive as it might sound, take a 4-5 week medical assistant/certified nursing assistant course.

I can promise you that virtually everyone with any useful healthcare training/credential will have jobs no matter what happens because hospitals, FEMA, etc., are going to need people with even basic skills to be able to take metrics (pulse, BP, temperature, UA, etc). Nursing takes too long to get trained and unless you're already an electrician, skilled trades like that also take years including an apprenticeship before you're even at the journeyman level.

Nursing aids get a month or two of training and in the coming weeks they will be more in demand than a lot of other healthcare trades like dentists and optometrists because of the strain in nurses right now. You want a skill that is easily transferable, fast to learn and just about universal in the USA, do this. You won't be making six figures but it will be a steady job guaranteed.