View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 02:52 PM
LLWS09R
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by ChallengerCP View Post
There is always what if’s. Look at the major airlines right now. They all promised certain things and all of those things could end up being thrown out the window. So I can’t promise something in the future that is unknown. What if there is an economic downturn? The owner might sell the plane. We have never had to let a pilot go due to these type of events but it could happen. Bad things happen and your crazy if you don’t think that they will. So to promise you all these things in a COJ but then say but here is a list of things that may happen to cause a change in our compensation/schedule/benefits package is not realistic.

We strive to attract and retain good pilots. Again, as bad as some might want to think it, we are not trying to screw anyone over. The fact that we have never had to enforce the COJ should shed light on the fact that we work with our pilots and they work with us. We don’t do any of those shady activities. If we are shorted staffed then yes, we may ask pilots to work extra but we don’t force them to. The earlier comments in this post were before there was a guarantee. But it’s still not a 100% guarantee that you will not have to work on a day off. Things happen that are outside of our control. If you are on your last day ON Duty and the plane has a mechanical and there is no airline flights to get you home then... You’re stuck. You will then airline home the next day or fly the plane back when fixed. We give you the option and we pay you for that day. We try to minimize these events but sure it can happen and we are open about it.

Good pilots are hard to find. So our model is certainly not to just lock people into a contract, screw them over for a year and then replace them. Our goal is to hire long Term pilots and if we treat them poorly or do shady things then they will leave. There have been several current pilots post the conditions here but it’s like all you want to point out is some past events at which time was the policy in place. Or maybe there was no policy. I don’t know. Like I said that was before my time. I know what the job is today and I will assure you that it is what we say it is.
Listen we are not talking about the majors here. The Corona panic started 2 weeks ago. Your COJ and way you run your buisness started years ago. Let’s not deflect the real problem.

Change your policy as you wish it’s your right as a company. But don’t promise ABC and then as soon as a pilot hits the line say you get DEF. If during a panic mode like what’s happening there should be some buffer room on both sides. Your company has not been in panic mode for years . And if it has that seems more like a you problem than an industry problem.

Every pilot knows the last day mechanical sage and yes if your plane breaks away from base and you don’t get home that night. It’s understandable any pilot will say that. The Mystery here seems to be Pilot XXX is scheduled days off Jun 1-4. May 31st a broker offers Cirrus top dollar for a charter. Multiple pilots have confessed they were involuntary volunteered to work and the reason we are short pilots (Which is a company issue not a pilot issue). But if the D.O. Kindly suggests you fly or your be let go for insubordination a young broke SIC may panic knowing the COJ is one lawyers phone call away. Protection Protection Protection-
If any lawyers could explain to CP that verbal promises mean nothing and black and white contracts mean everything to CP. I will buy them dinner if they are ever in DAL.

A company that stand behind a one sided contract Should send red flags in to the air. However if the contract can be mitigated in writing to offer fair and balance protection for the company and pilot. Is a company that’s worth speaking with.