View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 05:39 PM
Name User
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by texaspilot76 View Post
I generally do not support bailouts, though in our case, I would. Our losses are a direct result of government directives. They have greatly contributed to our losses. Since their policies and recommendations are directly affecting us during this crisis, they should have to prop us up. If we were floundering due to our own issues, I wouldn’t support a bailout.
The legacies collectively declaring bankruptcy and walking away from all of their widebodies (don't need those anymore!) and half or more of their narrow bodies would not only completely decimate the US Military's ability to respond to a conflict (of which I fear may come from this) but also most likely bankrupt both Boeing and GE, along with their subsidiaries and suppliers...

the amount of job destruction is almost unimaginable.

I have a feeling we're going to get a haircut. And most likely a pretty large wage cut too. But I just hope it's not a bankruptcy walk away from half of it...a la US Airways post 9/11 (6000 to 3000 pilots).

We owe China $1T USD...Trump is the kinda guy that would tell them to screw off...that is downpayment for causing this mess.