View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 06:33 PM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by Workhard View Post
no doubt they would DEFINITELY want to park 50 seaters before 175s n 900s.... if it were not for one little word. SCOPE. The mainline guys are not budging on it. 50 seaters will be around a while longer. Unless you are making a career out of regionals... 50 seater or 175 should not matter. Get in and out as quick as possible... unless you are waiting for the flow. Oh wait... what flow?
The flow has stopped because American isn’t hiring. American isn’t hiring for the same reason no one is hiring. I’m not sure what this conversation has to do with flow or no flow etc... When the flow is working the American wholly owneds are sending the most pilots to legacy carriers of any regionals in this segment of the industry. When it’s not working no one is going anywhere anyway.

Regarding scope, I pray you’re right. But history isn’t on your side, and what’s worse human nature simply isn’t on your side. The coming months/years will be very uncomfortable and at times painful. Mainline pilots will I fear give in to save their own jobs. Pulling the ladder up a little bit further. Again, I hope I’m wrong for all our sakes. But history has shown this to be true time and again.