View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 07:09 PM
Valiant
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by Air Guitar View Post
Training wise add an extra 3-4 months. I have heard of students doubling up on ground modules to finish faster. CFI time building would be similar to ATP.

I ommited LIFT as an example because of their 5 year commitment. It would not be uncommon for someone to break that commitment for a class date at a major. Your first and second year pay plus starting senority would be a reasonable tradeoff.
When you break the contract it is $20k. Wont a person being called to the majors make a lot more than that and be able to pay that off without much inconvenience.

Also is it doable to churn out a degree during the CFI phase?

Computer Science-Can do freelance work on the side if flying slows down or gets boring. Good to fall back on if God forbid aviation tanks. Computer are and are gonna be everywhere. But getting it online might be hard as most programs are hybrids, few being fully online.

Aviation Degree From Lewis/SIU/Purdue/Embry-Riddle etc-already would get credit for ratings completed in training. Good online availability. Relevant in aviation or aviation related sub fields. May not be best best if aviation slows down/tanks.

Another option may be logistics management degree. But don't know too much.

BEAR WITH ME AS IT MAY FEEL THIS THREAD IS DRAGGING ON.
I ONLY HAVE TILL ABOUT JUNE TO PLAN OUT THIS WHOLE PATH.
IF ANYONE KNOWS OTHER GOOD DEGREES/0-HEROS PLZ PARTICIPATE AND TAG OTHERS

Thanks