View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 05:40 AM
sanicom3205
Eating A Gruben

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by CVGair View Post
Spit my fake teeth out funny, if airlines are needed than private money will fund them, end of story. For the past 11 years people have been flying cheaper than driving. Thats right cheaper for the convenience of flying. All of the legacies will declare BK and private money will then invest, rinse repeat. As previous stated during BK reign in the regionals, B scale, all one American family, stop the insanity, show some pride. Make up for the mistakes of past "leaders" giving up scope, enough is enough.
Wasn't scope given up because management pushed for it, and pilots caved? Logic tells you that in order to take back what we have already given up, which is now status quo, would require us to have the upper hand.

I'll admit this is the first career-threatening event of my career and I am new to a lot of this. But my understanding is that during a bankruptcy, if it were to happen, we could very well have things forced down our throats that we don't agree to. That seems like a far cry from a situation where we can demand to reign in scope. Which, to my understanding, management fought for to save a few bucks. Again, if scope relief saves them money, then logic tells you that scope restrictions cost them money. And this would all be argued in bankruptcy court, if it gets to that point. Not to mention that if the judge was appointed in the last three years, they most likely do not have a favorable view of union workers.