Old 03-17-2020, 06:55 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by Pman View Post
It’s effects are real. Yes. But those effects are being propagated by the media because they have nothing better to talk about 24/7 and it makes drama filled TV. This hysteria is uncalled for and unneeded. People should have used common sense and simply not been nasty. Instead we’re being stirred into burning the economy to the ground in an election year by a bunch of drama queens. The reaction of people and government is irrational, agenda driven, and otherwise overkill. The effects of this will hurt more people than the virus. Including you and me.
No argument from me on any of that. I agree with you 100%.
That said, the list of stuff I posted and plenty more is happening to our crews every day. That's real. That's what it takes to move the freight these days. That freight is bringing in huge dollars because not only is there a sh!tload of it, but the rates they're charging for it are astronomical. So, whether the reasons for all this hysteria are valid or not, they are happening. Our crews are moving the freight in spite of it all. So we should be paid accordingly. Period - dot.
This "thankful to have a job" BS is for the pax guys.