View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 10:38 AM
Itsajob
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by WhiskyWhisky View Post
"The news, detailed in a leaked Trans States memo and confirmed by United, comes as another United regional affiliate, ExpressJet Airlines, discloses plans to add 36 ERJ-145s to its fleet. The routes Trans States currently operates will be replaced by other United Express operators."

Like I said, tough pill for the heavy drivers to swallow. There's going to be lots of irrational bitterness and personal attacks forthcoming. The 50-seat market looks strong, very strong, in these conditions. relatively speaking.
I wouldn’t be that confident about much of anything right now. Just looking at loads and empty flights, I’d say that nothing is strong, and nothing is safe. They could decide that light loads should be flown by 50 seat jets, or they could decide to reduce frequency and consolidate the remaining passengers on fewer, but more efficient 70 seat jets. Our customers don’t like the 50 seat jets, but they like frequency. You could possibly be right about the short term future of the 50 seat fleet, or you could have a ringside seat to their early retirement. Your guess is as good as any other. I’m not wishing pain on anyone, but we’re all going to have some while this works itself out.