Thread: It's been fun
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 10:42 AM
Onedayatatimee
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by sidelinesam View Post
Since the company has been making record profits the last couple of years I have a hard time feeling like we should be giving up 40% of our credit! They're going to get bailed out and what will we have to show for it? I'm guessing NOTHING.

Have Jude and the rest of the senior management team taken a pay cut to help the cause? I haven't heard anything.

Color me skeptical... We agree to cuts for no furloughs. Two months later the company says we're still too expensive and furloughs anyway. This whole situation stinks to no end.
Well said, I totally agree with you on this.

If Jude’s plan is to idle the company for 30-60days and reassess. The full pilot salary is the least of his worries at that point. Either the government is helping keep the lights on or Apollo is pumping a bunch of money into it (use the profits from the past two years).

I agree based on the profits he’s made there should be a rainy day fund to ride it out for a month or two instead of coming to labor for 40% reduction.

I’m not necessarily a full pay to the last day guy. At some point it might make sense to help save the company vs get in the unemployment line but I haven’t seen enough facts yet from the union or the company to justify bailing them out with our salary.

just hope the union is being careful and not giving them the farm. Good group of guys in ALPA I got faith.