View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 03:39 AM
CantStayAway
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

I think it’s funny that in the first few responses there has been both doom and gloom and eternal optimism. The reality is likely somewhere in the middle. Certainly this pandemic won’t grip the world for more than 18 months. However none of us know what those next 18 months look like. If the FDA and CDC can find a temporary solution that cures people (or at least alleviates symptoms) soon then most airlines will likely survive. On a positive note, it’s looking like that is already potentially in the works.

On the other hand if this national plea for no travel and social distancing continues for the next 18 months, no airline will survive. I’m a natural pessimist but I believe that Frontier will make it because I think that fairly soon there will be a better way to treat this thing with existing drugs until a vaccine is created. That said, I think the next 6 months are going to suck for all and I honestly expect furloughs and downgrades at most airlines. I’m honestly shocked that the WARN notices haven’t gone out yet.