View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 08:44 AM
BobZ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by OOfff View Post
you don’t see what I’m saying, and that’s okay. Basically, you’ve argued that the Korean response was because of a homogenous population and the population is homogenous because the response was more successful than ours. It’s tautological nonsense.
No. I see exactly what you are saying.

You insinuate racisim and bigotry into a word that simply means a shared sameness.

When confronting crisis a greater degree of common individual identification and commitment to the group can be productive in achieving a more expedited resolution.

My original point was irt a post citing the korean result in the response was somehow a basis for valid criticism of the US response.

Imho such a comparison is nonsense. Two entirely different circumstances. In scope, in physical realities and exposure risks, and in the homogeny of the population in their response.

Your demented interpretation, typical of so many of people with all the answers....was to insinuate racisim and bigotry into my comparison. A mentality where everything is literally defined down to shades between black and white.

Todays briefing by Gov Cuomo highlighted exactly my point.