View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 11:36 PM
Turbosina
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Guppy Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by Av8tr1 View Post
Great! We are happy to have you as part of team 2nd amendment. But I am willing to bet a months pay many of those people standing in line for guns for self defense voted for the gun law abominations that now they are struggling to deal with. We call that where I come from reap what you sow.
Honestly, you just don't see much debate over gun laws here. I can't recall any major ballot propositions regarding guns that people have been asked to vote on. Most of the laws (and they are frequently ridiculous, and poorly written) are simply dreamed up in Sacramento and then passed by the Democratic supermajority. It irks me, but here's how I look at it.
​​​​​​ First, nobody really needs a semiautomatic assault rifle. As we have seen all too many times, they're all too easy for deranged people to take many lives with. I mean, would we be comfortable allowing truck-mounted M60s? I doubt it. For hunting, a long rifle works just fine. For home self-defense, a shotgun is the weapon of choice. Maaaaayyyyybe a handgun, if you're trained and proficient with small arms in close quarters (maybe 1 percent of handgun owners are.) And for general target practice and proficiency, handguns are great.

I just don't see why anyone needs an AR-15 with a 20 round mag.

That said, the California laws are often so poorly written that it's clear they were written by people who've never been around guns.

Anyhow. While there are certainly plenty of people in CA who think guns should be banned, they are by far the minority. When Obama was elected, all we heard for years was that he was going to 'take our guns'. His administration suggested nothing of the sort.

Now, off to stock up on some buckshot for the coming flupocalypse. If everything goes south fast, ammunition will be the currency of the land, along with food, water, medical supplies, and alcohol. I should've built that bunker in Idaho while I still had the chance :-0