Thread: ALPA
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 05:19 AM
elssaw
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: 121 Right Seat

Originally Posted by Workhard View Post
Yep! Told my some my family at UA about what JS said on phone during union call and what they did during negotiations, completely shocked is an understatement. JS definitely made a name for himself along with EB. Crew room definitely is buzzing about those guys and what they did for themselves and no one else. They need to go.

Totally out of line post. Now is NOT the time for this sort of divisiveness, even if you are correct (my personal opinion is you are not).

What was negotiated was the ability for senior people to choose and the most junior people to get what’s left over. That’s the same way the bid works every month. You signed up for a seniority system when you joined the association.

If senior people want to take a pay cut so you can keep your job then they have that choice.

Let me say that again:

IF SENIOR PEOPLE WANT TO TAKE A PAYCUT AND LET JUNIOR PEOPLE WORK THEN THEY CAN.

Sounds to me like they did a great job making sure IF anyone get’s furloughed then at least they will have an airline to return to.