Thread: ALPA
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 05:33 AM
Startcrying
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by elssaw View Post
Totally out of line post. Now is NOT the time for this sort of divisiveness, even if you are correct (my personal opinion is you are not).

What was negotiated was the ability for senior people to choose and the most junior people to get what’s left over. That’s the same way the bid works every month. You signed up for a seniority system when you joined the association.

If senior people want to take a pay cut so you can keep your job then they have that choice.

Let me say that again:

IF SENIOR PEOPLE WANT TO TAKE A PAYCUT AND LET JUNIOR PEOPLE WORK THEN THEY CAN.

Sounds to me like they did a great job making sure IF anyone get’s furloughed then at least they will have an airline to return to.
This is the mentality! Show it proud like the union did. Union made it clear they only represent only top bit of seniority. We were forced to join the association, smart one. Although I believe it’s time to start reconsidering this and I know others have mentioned it as well. They may have made the best deal for the top part of seniority group, but the majority is on the other side. The only thing we can agree on is hoping to have a company. At this point, having you and the union reps around I’d rather see the company sink. But it’s the others in this place that make it nice, even the people in CLE. I would hate to see them jobless.