Thread: ALPA
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 05:42 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Alpa are jackals who eagerly toss your dues into their bank accounts as compensation for having fancy lunches together, while line holders do the real work, only to leave you hanging in crucial moments as they cower & scatter rather than represent your best interests.
I got my taste of this last year, shameful to see, but I’ll certainly never forget it.
very sorry alpa and the C5 senior types there are letting you down. It will bite them, I’m sure, but you’ll move on and be wiser.
stay strong
So much wrong with what you just wrote that it's hard to know where to start.

First, ALPA Volunteers like your LEC/MEC reps are not paid. They are line pilots just like you out doing the "real work." They are only removed from flying when the company approves it for either meetings, training, or other legitimate events. Some of these are covered by paying them for the lost flying, others that happen to fall on days off, are unpaid and they just suck it up as a volunteer. I am sure nobody has any problem with paying them for the flying they are removed from. As a volunteer they should not be forced to lose money by volunteering.
They do go out for group meals, and honestly I've never liked it.... but giving the volunteers a decent meal for the efforts is a more than fair exchange if you ever saw how much work they're doing on your behalf behind the scenes. Do some abuse the meals, yep... but it's rare.
It's clear from your posting that you have no idea at all how much work union volunteers actually do, or you'd be on here saying thank you, instead of blindly throwing stones.