View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 11:39 PM
FliFast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: I was acquired, Not Hired

Time to play the broken record.....ta daaa dahhh dah dah.

Anywayz, I don't doubt that this year's deliveries are ANC bound. I just wonder where we are going to park them, how the facility will sort the increased volume, and if we are getting more men's and ladie's rest rooms, err, crew rest facilities.

ATC-wise, Anchorage was introduced a multi-direction, VNAV/PROF oriented arrival with the GASTO, et al., terminal arrival. This helps to allieviate the congo line-up beginning 600 miles prior to landing. But we still land on one runway and depart on the perpendicular runway (usually).

However, parking position-wise, during the morning push and afternoon push almost all 6 positions on the front side and the 4 in the back are full. I don't know if the -400s parking footprint is larger than the classic, but I presume there will be more -400s parked in ANC by year's end than there are Classics parked now-a-days. Put in simpler terms, in the future there will be more 747-400s on the ramp at any one time then there were Classics during the same time.

Why does this present a problem ?

I would have to check for verification, but I would presume that some of our side-by-side parking positions can not accomondate a -400 parked next to another -400. For example spot 7 and 8 on the backside or 1 and 2 on the front side.

Well, let me put the broken record away and we can get back to the thread. I'll be here all week, try the veal.

FF