View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 08:31 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Mudhen200 View Post
I have not heard of a BK judge actually coming after a guys lump sum so at least half is better than nothing.
They cannot go after legitimate compensation already payed to workers (top management might be different for obvious reasons).

I expect there to be leaves offered, reduced schedule lines and any other thing the company and the MEC can come up with to try to mitigate furloughs. Furloughs are expensive and they take time to implement and actually get the company to the point where it starts to save them money. The Government pie gives them that time.
Fed aid would come with strings, but if the aid financially enables them to delay furloughs a few months, that's a no-brainer. Gives them more time to figure things out, and we'll all know more about how this is playing out in a few months.

Delay also avoids the appearance of mistreating labor while congress is debating the aid. That alone is going to buy some folks another month of pay.

Assuming we are still standing a year to 18 months from now and assuming that the industry demand returns, then my crystal ball says that B&B are going to want another merger to get as big as they can as fast as they can. I say, Alaska and JetBlue. Alaska names fades into the permafrost tundra.
"Alaska Blue"?

"Great Blue"?

Well, I hope we can keep this thread on track as a place to discuss current events. May the good Lord bless you all, keep you healthy and may our company survive The Beer Flu.
x2