View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 04:56 AM
742Dash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
I am telling reality as it is today. So far no one is refuting that reality but they seem to be upset about the FACTS I am presenting. I have not claimed that no one is dying, I have not claimed that every death is not a personal tragedy. I have stated and provided facts to demonstrate that - at least at this time - there is a very small percentage of people infected and that of those who do get infected, 98%+ in the US are expected to recover and that the great majority NOT recovering have significant preexisting conditions that predispose them to a bad outcome. Why stating these FACTS is generating so much animosity I do not understand. The sky, ladies and gentlemen, is NOT falling.
Here are some facts for you.

My son is a physician in a major metropolitan area located in a state with less than 100 cases. Nevertheless, in his hospital they have patients in the ICU on ventilators who are symptomatic but as of last week were not allowed to be tested because they had no known contact with anyone who tested positive.

If you think that your numbers are accurate you really need to get your information from a broader range of sources.

And I add another fact. Northern Italy has more ICU beds and more ventilators per population unit than the United States does.