View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 01:25 PM
lifetakesflight
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Our class finished training on the 18th of last week. My roommate and I were the last to finish out of that class, due to scheduling. We had three "days off" and just barely made it out from Dallas before the shelter-in-place order a few days ago, not sure what training is happening at CAE right now with that in effect. In total we logged 30 training days, of which 2 were travel and 3 were "days off" (in quotes because they are considered self study/paid).

The last few classes had a number of Burbank, John Wayne hires, but generally we were being told that capacity was met and anyone assigned there was "lucky". General consensus was that at the time they were looking for Vegas, Oakland and Seattle. Transparency during this crisis has been welcomed and there's a strong optimism that we'll be well situated to take advantage once things finally normalize. I feel lucky to be with the company during these times as they seemed to respond decisively to the industry implosion we all just witnessed. Can't say what lies in the future, but I'll keep the hope alive!

As for training, I can speak for the "younger" guys in our class (~1500 hrs) that we found it to be very straight forward and efficient, especially compared to regional training. Could even have been faster with less days off -- if you're a well versed CFI you should have zero difficulties; there's also ample study aids you'll come across floating around the new hire classes.