View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 05:59 PM
rvfanatic
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by HuggyU2 View Post
Because we are "needlessly" putting three people in to a small classroom... that probably was used by three others right before they got there... and that was not sterilized.

And then those three people get in to a small sim cockpit for 3-4 hours, talking a lot (which results in a lot of aerosol saliva) and well within 6' from each other.

They get out of the sim... and three more get in.

Fauci, Birx, and the other experts have spoken, and the edicts have been given: social distancing... and employers should not bring employees in unless absolutely necessary. Nine-month cycle sims are not "necessary", in my opinion. They could be delayed for this national issue. Call the FAA and have it done.

Colorado doesn't have as strict edicts as many other states, but even so Gov Polis has stated employers need to cut in-person workers by a minimum of 50%. Have the Governor call the FAA and have it done.

Yes, there are still pilots getting into real cockpit together and flying trips. Got it. That's a different issue for a different thread.

To help reduce the exposure to the pilot group, TK needs to drastically cut back on training. I personally do not believe that getting everyone a 3, 4, 5, or 6 month extension (pick the number of months you want), will result in an unsafe airline operation.

But getting me infected in the sim because of the massive amount of social interaction that occurs at the microscopic level in TK is inexcusable for training that can be delayed.
You should PDR this, verbatim. Nailed it