Old 03-24-2020, 06:34 PM
brn2fly1
Fly it like you stole it!

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: 767 Captain
Default You have no clue!

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
BLOB I’m not complaining about it in fact, just the opposite. What I’ve been saying is I’m tired of the loud minority in HKG telling half truths and white lies, especially a month ago on JetFlyers. They screamed bloody murder as the Coronavirus broke out. Look at all my previous post I stated we would all go through the same pain as that base (school closures, exposer risk, etc). When our kids private school closes we don’t get company money. We don’t get housing money regardless of cost. They are getting almost 6k a month for housing. Even in HKG that more than covers a nice housing facility. They spewed hatred on social media trying to get more and more and it does nothing but split us apart as a group. I know numerous people who now knowing the facts are unwilling to support more FDA provisions in the next CBA. This is a replay what happened in Subic Bay. They screamed constantly and people were feed up with it. This is why it took so long to get the FDA LOA back to a “good” deal. It’s just sad to see a loud group ruin for the bigger group. I hope some self policing in that base is formed. It will help them in the long run.
Have you been based in the HK base?
You are so far off I don’t even no where to start.
1)Taxes, you pay the same taxes that you would pay in the state that you moved from, no foreign tax exclusion.
You are not allow to change states without setting up residency because you are moving to an FDA to save on state income taxes. The residency requirements are scrutinized.
2)The school stipend doesn’t cover one child in high school let two or three. I was paying less for two in private school in the US than what it cost for one in HK in high school. In most cases you can’t put your child in public school there so you are stuck with the private school. Plus it doesn’t cover the money you have to pay just to get into the school.
3) The current housing allowance is around $5400 USD (not $6k like you stated) and will not put you in the Taj Mahal. It will cover a modest place for 3. If have a larger family you will pay out of pocket!

The aggravation comes from all the non FDA pilots wanting to dump on the FDA pilots.

It’s obvious that you know nothing about the FDAs. Might I suggest you keep your comments to something you know about since your knowledge about the FDA is lacking.

Last edited by brn2fly1; 03-24-2020 at 06:45 PM.