View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 08:02 PM
StarClipper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Two Wheeler FrontSeat

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
And you answered the biggest question of why do we need to look at other formulas. Our current plan is not common anymore bc the rules changed in 2006 Pension Protection Act. Those who didn’t have their pension whipped out by bankruptcy are now left with a pension that is massively expensive and the fundamentals were not built around the new regulations. It’s massively expensive to raise the benefit. You want to fight that fight again and loose be my guest. Oh and guess what no arbitration is ever going to rule in your favor to increase it if it gets to that point. It’s a ticking time bomb about to blow up and leave a bunch of pilots holding the bag going “but they promised me”. Just ask your buddies who lost theirs. Change the equation or loose it bottom line.

Oh please stop with that BS scare tactic, I’ve heard that over and over again. There are only two ways the company can get rid of the A Plan.
1. If we voluntarily give it up.
2. The company declares bankruptcy

We all know it’s expensive to maintain, however ever we earn it and the company can afford it period. As long as upper management can keep their bonuses coming, I expect my A Plan to be funded. And if we can’t improve the A Plan, live it as is and increase my B Plan + give me bonus based on profit. I’m not asking for much, they make profit I get bonus, if they don’t then no bonus for me. I’ll even try to get them business while I’m on the road.