Old 01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
iahflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Default Real Skywest Questions (Quit the complaining)

This is an interesting time to be at Skywest, and the entire regional industry is watching (as they should be). I am sick and tired of reading the other threads with Skywest and non-Skywest pilots arguing about whose company is better, whose flying the other company stole, blah blah blah blah!!

This is intended to be a real thread with no cheap shots (So Slaphappy, Meritflyer, and to a lesser extent, Toiletduck and Airsupport), you guys need not respond. And jetjock, experimental, tonywilliams, koolaid, and other Skywest guys, PLEASE do not respond to any flame.

First off, the pay proposal. From the sound of it, no one is very happy with it. So question #1, will you vote YES or NO?
If you vote NO, what specific parts of the proposal do you not like (specific examples). If you vote YES, why do you feel this is a good move?

I feel that many people are unsatisfied with the pay proposal, but will vote YES because they are afraid if a no vote occurs, that management can just say whatever, and stick with the current rates. This leads to:
Question #2, when is the next time that an ALPA vote can occur? The reason for this question is, if Skywest were to go downhill, what is your fallback option in terms of representation. Do you have to wait 1,2,3 years. Or can an ALPA drive happen at anytime.

Question #3 is for the ASA people on the forum. How are your current rates scheduled to change over the remainder of your contract? This is so we can compare Skywest's 1% COLA to what ASA is getting.

Please. I want a serious discussion that can lead to a positive outcome. If you are from a different carrier, please only post constructive comments. I am tired of the fighting. It is in YOUR best interest that Skywest gets the best compensation they can. So instead of teasing, insulting, and flaming them, try your best to help them out and encourage them to work together to get their compensation as high as possible.