View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 08:40 AM
SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal

Originally Posted by Gloriousprofits View Post
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/retirement/

I very respectfully say that many long time FedEx pilots may lack some perspective as those that have been on the outside. Bankruptcy is a corporate strategy and leaving your money with someone else under the promise they will pay you later is a tough one for a guy who’s airline vanished after 9/11, worked under concessions for a decade, and was furloughed after 2008. I am now very thankful to be here at FedEx but I would prefer to have my check than be promised a payment later.
So no Pension plans at all? Profit checks? Sincerely Curious your wish. Pay checks at max tax rates? DBP has benefited many pilots thus far. Myself, wanted to work at only three profitable airlines when was in job hunting mode decades ago, FedEx, UPS, Southwest. Least likely to go under under reorganization. Very fortunate it worked. Now many years into the profession, those three still well positioned financially and market wise. The DBP has good odds being around along time at FedEx and UPS.

The goal is increasing it for future. Delta profit sharing just cratered unfortunately. FedEx and UPS still have a DBP. FedEx and UPS still have good hourly pay. The market is the market, We are all hourly pay bench marked by NMB. This include the non DBP airlines.

Don't expect extra increases to paychecks to cover loss of DBP funding. Facts are facts based on ratified contracts in the airline world. because the non DBP airlines do affect our ability to negotiate. These non DBP companies do keep our pay similar. So extra pay to cover your DBP loss isn't likely to pass FedEx management with a tacit NMB agreement.
Cheers