View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:13 AM
golfandfly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by Gloriousprofits View Post
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/retirement/

I very respectfully say that many long time FedEx pilots may lack some perspective as those that have been on the outside. Bankruptcy is a corporate strategy and leaving your money with someone else under the promise they will pay you later is a tough one for a guy who’s airline vanished after 9/11, worked under concessions for a decade, and was furloughed after 2008. I am now very thankful to be here at FedEx but I would prefer to have my check than be promised a payment later.
A lot of us have been through major airline furloughs, and I am one of those. Great to have a A and B Fund. It’s a great plan, we just need to improve it. I’d really like to see them look hard at the flat dollar concept. It might be a way to increase our pension but limit the company’s cost. Not saying it will work, but it’s definitely worth a serious look. I don’t care if it needs to be renegotiated. UPS has successfully improved their retirement this way and continues to increase their retirement. I’m not advocating the exact UPS plan, but maybe see if we can make a similar plan work here...

Just to be clear, our union does some great work for us. Our negotiators try. But we continually make poor deals, like our CBA and OIM.