View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 12:16 PM
Aldo Raine
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020
Position: Killin' Natsees

Originally Posted by KonaJoe View Post
The only reason SARS-1 didn't wipe out 10% of the world population is because, luckily, it wasn't considered terribly hardy and fizzled out as quickly as it arrived. It also had some weakness in its ability to securely attach to receptor sites. This one is able to bond more securely. My hope is that this thing fizzles out the same way and as suddenly as SARS-1 since they are both of the same type of SARS virus.
Sounds almost as if those Chinese scientists placed at a Canadian lab who stole corona virus and smuggled it back to a Chinese bio lab might have had access to a "lessons learned" or something, so they didn't make the same mistakes this time? Unfortunately, someone wasn't too careful in their handling and safety methodology.

I know. Crazy talk about the glorious CCP. Does anyone actually believe that pretty much every research publication and institution around the world isn't beholden to Chinese research money, seeing as how they are the most prolific publishers of (often bad) research and providers of research funding.

Just ask the head of Harvard's chemistry department. Or should I say former head, seeing as he is likely on his way to prison.

Headin' to the store for more tinfoil.