Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 PM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I don't think you're complying with the poster's original intent.
My post didn't contain any cheap shots. I'm not talking about stolen flying or one company better than the other. I'm also not saying "ya'll would have gotten better if you had voted ALPA".

What I am saying is that its quite interesting, from the outside looking in (and no longer employed at a regional or represented by ALPA), that just a few months ago some folks thought that Skywest management would "take care of them" financially, and some even said they'd get ASA +/- 1%. Now, other folks say there's no point in voting "no" because the pilot group has no leverage.

You would be one of those latter folks, rick.

The original poster said:
I want a serious discussion that can lead to a positive outcome. If you are from a different carrier, please only post constructive comments. I am tired of the fighting.It is in YOUR best interest that Skywest gets the best compensation they can.
I'm not fighting. I'm not flaming. I'm not pointing fingers. I'm trying to be constructive by offering perspective. Seems in that regard I'm doing exactly what the original poster asked for...

I may not be at the regionals anymore but it is in MY best interest for Skywest pilots to get the best possible compensation because 1. a rising regional tide lifts all regional ships, and 2. you deserve it.

I guess I just don't understand having a resigned attitude about accepting an "unacceptable" pay package. Your pilot group could vote NO and send your SAPA reps back to negotiate a better proposal, or you can accept the benevolence of management and accept this one.

The Skywest pilot group has far more leverage than you are willing to admit - regardless of being represented by ALPA or not.