Gets Weekends Off
Whaledriver
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2005
  • Position
    Left Seat
Quote: Welcome to the hoot, whale and friends. We've been expecting you for a while. Don't let the naysayers put ya off, it's a happenin' place. We've all been super impressed with the growth opportunites that DHL ownership/affiliation has brung to town!
Do you really think DHL can fix this mess with customers like the following thread from an RC airplane site. This is about some jets shipped via DHL from China:

Posted on Monday, 24 Dec ’07:
“My F-16 has been sitting at the local DHL facility since Saturday morning. I'm sure they are very busy due to the Christmas rush, none-the-less I'm disappointed that it wasn't delivered today. Hopefully it will be here Wednesday.”

Posted on Wednesday, 26 Dec ’07:
“Joe is your F-16 still at DHL”

Posted on same day:
“Yes, DHL still has it. The F-16 arrived at DHL in Romulus Saturday morning. I hoped it would be delivered Christmas Eve. I could understand not getting it then since I'm sure they were very busy that day. When DHL's website showed it still in Romulus this morning I called them to find out why it wasn't out for delivery. The gal said it was probably an oversight and that they'll deliver it tomorrow.

Seems ironic that it took about 24 hours to get there from Hong Kong and 5 days for the last 10 miles. “

Posted on same day:
“That's about average for DHL, at least IME with them. worst case for me was a replacement boom i had shipped from Boomerang Jets, from them in TX to here is a 2 day GND trip, after 3 weeks i got a call from a guy in New Jersey saying the boom was just delivered to him even though it clearly had my name/address/phone number on the DELIVER TO section. dunno how New Jersey became a destination on a trip from Texas to Alabama..........during that whole time their site had the way bill tracked as sitting in Pensacola, FL”

Posted 27 Dec ’07:
“The DHL truck finally showed up.
Joe”

Posted 7 Jan ’08:
“My F-16 finally arrived. I had same problems as Joe. Arrived in the States Dec 28 but DHL kept losing it until today Jan 7th.”

These are the end customers. Any doubt on who they won't use if they need to ship something?