View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 08:07 AM
shamrok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by web500sjc View Post
The federal government is granting the airlines all the money they need to pay employees for the next 6 months on the condition they don’t furlough. Why are we panicking, rushing to give everything up to “save” the company. We are not going to fix air travel demand by taking less pay. It would be better to wait 6 months til the nightmare is over, and then decide what is appropriate- and we have the government helping us do that.
Im not saying to “give in” or take less money..at all...but there are very valid concerns about the government money as well...that doesn’t mean Delta can’t shut down 9E as a business decision, we are not Delta employees....perhaps I don’t know as much about the government stimulus for the airlines, correct me if I’m wrong where 9E stands with this...but
my understanding is Delta could easily shed 9E to try and survive this, sounds like they are in worse shape than they appeared to be financially....and why did we mysteriously and suddenly take a 70% reduction when everyone says we are the cheapest to operate?? Perhaps the wind-down has started ....food for thought...have a plan....been down this road before, expect the unexpected or get caught with your pants down. Good luck to all.