View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 09:34 AM
cub pilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: J3 to CL600; retired doing instrument taining
Smile

Dave's quote
The only point I'm trying to make here is that FedEx corp as a whole depends on all of its subsidiaries for it's massive profits, not just the ground side or the air side.

Well Said !!
Totally agree with you and please don't picture me as one who is playing the flight side against the ground side. The FedEx companies complement each other and all the FedEx information service and shipping companies add to the big pie of massive revenues.
My initial point was the amount of leverage that APLA has. I am tired of hearing on this site that U'all (AKA some line pilots and I don't think that it is 50% plus 1) will show Fred we mean business when in reality this company has positioned itself to not have all its eggs in one basket. FedEx is way ahead of our competition AKA UPS and reading the financial reports reinforces this. The real sleeping Bear is Kinkos vs UPS stores and what the future holds. Don't be misled by Kinkos operating percentage profit on last quarters statement. Kinkos will someday be a major profit center for FedEx.
Smith is 10 years ahead of everyone on the future; stay tuned
Also FedEx International volumes increased 10% last quarter to help you with your class assignment.

Last edited by cub pilot; 04-25-2006 at 09:56 AM.