View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 03:17 PM
airlinepilot50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by DoSomePilotStuf View Post
Ok well trim those years off your life then. Whatever. You folks all need to learn something. You shouldn’t worry about things you can’t control. Pompous and smug is acting like how many years you have been flying or how many hours you have in any way qualifies you to have the first friggin clue what you are talking about in regards to any of this. They call it unprecedented for a reason.

I am referring specifically to XJT and I am going on the record saying that we will have no need to furlough. I could not care less who agrees with me. If I had the outlook any of you have the only reasonable course of action would be to find a new career. Those who look to the horizon and can’t feel optimistic about the future are a group of people I will NEVER relate to. Maintaining a positive attitude and focusing on things within your control, including a contingency plan for worst case scenarios, is the way I choose to live my life.

Too many think that when things are good they will never be bad again and that when things are bad they will never get better.

The curve will be peaking within the next 4-6 weeks, we will be on the backside of it within 9-12 weeks, and the economy will begin recovering. Keep in mind that I have said that the demand for flying could then be reduced by 1/3 and XJT would not need to furlough. If this outlook is not realistic then what reality do you live in?
I agree with your outlook. Jet fuel prices plummeted and the ERJ fleet is paid off. Demand will come back eventually, but in the meantime the 145 will be utilized all over this country until more than 50 people at a time want to fly to xyz city. Our jobs are secure in this type of economy.