View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 04:49 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by NoValueAviator View Post
I agree with not horse trading against ourselves but this company does not negotiate anyway. Publicly or privately. They just demand whatever they want and if they don't get it they operate in open violation of the CBA and pay for it 2 years down the road in arbitration or cry to AA to give away the flying. Maybe it won't always be that way. It has the whole time I've been here though. The one time they've negotiated something in the past 2 years, they did it in bad faith and they tore up the deal they signed themselves and came back asking for concessions lol

Re: the flow, I'm not as down on it as you guys. Suppose we get 20 seats or 50% of the class whichever is less (oversimplification stay w/ me), any seats beyond 40 are just street hires guys who are gonna sit on top of you your whole career. We should want AA hiring slower than they have been and it's reasonable to think we might get that.

Of course, if AA goes bk it's probably going to be renegotiated, which could be huge for us, or it could be devastating. If Envoy management gets a say, I trust them to do as much dmg to our careers as possible.
This. This is the sad truth about the company we have tied our careers too.

In regards to the rest you are correct. They don’t negotiate they demand. The only time they pretend to is when they need something from us to help bolster something on their end and really, they already known what they will ultimately accept. It’s all an illusion.