Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 05:13 AM
embraerjetpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
I’ve heard this as well, which is also why we have a newhire who got hurt at the lodge in initial playing volleyball, is out for several months, and was told to reapply. His case is still pending.

I don't understand how pre-IOE complete guys are in a gray area, other than maybe the way the definition of first officer reads in the CBA (ie meeting the regulatory and contractual criteria to hold such status). But I contend that if anyone accepts a position as a first officer and begins training, they are added to the PILOT seniority list on day 1, and therefore should be covered as a probationary pilot. Furthermore, the probationary period in the CBA is defined as 365 days from date of employment. If they aren’t a “probationary pilot” for the first month or two while in training, then what are they? Because there is no other definition, title, or position that I can see that would fit.

Hopefully this “gray area” is resolved in CBA 2.0. It’s ridiculous and petty that JB would try to pull this. And B6ALPA sounds like they are just as much to blame. There should be no “gray area” as to employment status, and they should be fighting tooth and nail to protect EVERY pilot here, even if probationary. They should be publicly denouncing JB’s treatment of newhires and this now disputed “gray area.”

This is giving me nightmares of how Republic/Chautauqua fired 125 guys out of seniority after 9/11. I can't believe this is being considered here.