View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 06:21 AM
pangolin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: CRJ9 CA

Originally Posted by overqualified52 View Post
They won’t get rid of us . They certainly are not going to pay a mainline guy 170 dollars an hour to fly the RJ 7/9’s , which is what their pay rate would be . Now granted ,that’s what we should make , LOL . But I think you are correct that out of the ashes of this thing that The name “Endeavor” and the operating certificate will be gone and it , along with us, will just fold into mainline and Delta will part ways with skyPest and Republic unfortunately will probably not survive this. There were 1400 retirements scheduled for 2020/21 and I think many more guys will early retire , especially if they offer early buy outs. So they can easily fold 1800 Endeavor pilots into the mix and just make the smallest mainline the 7’s/9’s and find some kind of middle ground on pay rates and then if it’s all mainline there is no more scope clause and they could get 90 seaters as well . So hang in there everyone . My personal opinion is we will all come out better off .or I could be wrong and we will all be flying rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong on a Convair 540.
79 seat RJs can be configured for more seats. Since delta owns them they can do what they like.