View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 02:43 PM
flightlessbirds
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

-Call out sick
-Take the LOA
-Quit and find another profession

It’s the job. Make your own risk assessment given the conditions and bear the consequences...financial and health.

I for one am glad I’m still able to work and earn a paycheck for a little longer as our whole global economy and society shuts down. It’s even better that I get to do it doing something that I love that will probably be unavailable to many of us for years or decades on the other side of this.

Airlines are an essential service says the government and right now we are being operated as a utility. Uncle Sam is paying billions to keep us employed and the air transportation system up and running through the next few months. If you don’t want to be a part of it — step to the side and let everyone else get on with the job at hand. We have more than enough crews to meet the EAS-like mandate and need that is all that’s keeping things going right now.

Take precautions around everyone and especially your loved ones and those in the high risk groups. But I know I’d personally rather have a higher risk of the virus with our health insurance than a lower risk without working...but to each their own.