View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 08:04 AM
fiftyone
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: CRJ FO
Default Commuting

Unfortunately, I suspect this thread will be quiet for a while. However, I want to pass on my gratitude to HAL during these uncertain times. I was asked during my interview if I had experience on a HAL flight. At the time my only experience was one inter-island flight four years ago.

I had the pleasure yesterday afternoon to non-rev back to the mainland for my current job. Due to the current low demand, it was unclear where to list for a flight so I proceeded to the gate. The gate agents told me I should have listed at the ticket counter, but were quick to assist. The Captain made sure to welcome me when he passed by and authorized my pass request before boarding the aircraft. A gate agent later called me back up to upgrade my seat. When I was boarding the aircraft, the Captain was trying to walk back up the jet bridge to ensure all non-revs were accommodated. During the flight, the cabin crew was welcoming and extremely hospitable! Thank you all for what you do and continuing to spread the Aloha Spirit during these stressful times!