View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 10:37 AM
RJDio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by JimLaheyTPS View Post
I like this optimism! I’m an early 2015 hire that feels like I’ve got a 80% chance of hitting the road come October. I also have 1999 hire friends thinking they are going to possibly be on the street as well. It’s nice to see guys junior to me worrying about ending up as an A320 FO when the dust settles.
I’m no way implying I think I will be safe from furlough. I put my odds at 50/50 simply because no one knows what the world will look like 6 months from now. While the current snapshot is bleak at best, the underlying economy was booming prior to the Wuhan virus. I don’t think we (the collective world) will pick back up where we left off. The ingredients (Cheap money, cheap energy, and pent up appetite) are there though to provide more than a catalyst to kick things off.

But to the original point, it’s becoming evident the company and the union aren’t interested in our ( pilots) collective interest. So why should I make it even easier for them to line their pockets while most of us hit the street in the process. Shared sacrifice baby.