View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 09:41 AM
DeltaCorrectons
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by Meow1215 View Post
Amazing how 3 weeks ago people are screaming “pilot shortage”, “it’s here!”. Now the same people say it’s the titanic and we are sinking. Airline crews are the band playing as the ship goes down, “Nearer, My God, to Thee” softly playing in the background.

The airlines don’t know how long this will last, they want to maintain the ability to ramp up on the spring back which will probably be sometime this summer if historical black swans are any indicator. That being said why waste a perfectly good crisis? Get some concessions from the pilot groups while you can.

If this is your first economic downturn as an airline pilot, welcome to the suck. This too will pass.
I guess I don’t recall any recent posts from myself about pilot shortage although personally before this hit I did think it was here but felt I was more in the quiet side of the crowd on that subject. But at the same time if I was saying pilot shortage three weeks ago it would be understandable seeing as things were in the up and making a move to an Airbus for even FOs wasn’t an extremely hard thing to do. But not the first time riding the wave just was expecting a faster crash.