View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:35 AM
UALinIAH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by Itsajob View Post
I’m not going to underestimate how serious this is at the moment, but if they are so desperate to get widebody pilots to take an ESRL, they shouldn’t have come out with the offers that they did. I’m on a SRL for April and I’d bid that as long as possible, however given the enhanced options, this wide body pilot will be bidding reserve. I’d rather stay home than commute to reserve knowing that I won’t fly, I’d also like for the company to save money, but 30-35 hours now, and some more later isn’t going to attract many takers. If they would up their offer to 50 hours with no delayed compensation, they’d save more money than people deciding to deal with reserve rather than accepting these options.
We all know this is dire. My biggest heartburn is that the LOA was signed the day BEFORE the CARES act was signed. Why would we cave before we even knew anything? This gives both sides a free pass to come up with a plan for how things are to proceed after.

I agree they should have made it better. It was admitted on the call that if they didn’t get enough takers they’d have to come back with a better deal. We can only hope that enough people don’t.

I too am on an SRL for April. I’m in SC distance (barely) but I can live with our contract 50 hrs. I’m not about to give the company a free unsecured loan until December though with the threat of BK out there if things don’t improve. I lived through BK and have seen what the company will do.