View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 09:41 AM
DrJekyll MrHyde
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Bus CA

Originally Posted by TOGALOCK View Post
I actually took that email from the union to mean the opposite. To me, I got the vibe that the union was basically saying “If you’re planning to roll the dice and bid reserve, not fly and get paid 75hrs to sit at home instead taking a 50hr COLA, you may find yourself actually having to work more than you thought”. I could be completely off, but it sounded like the company was more solid than ever in their decision to take the grant.

Also, the revised bid notice states that awards will post “No later than 1700 Denver Local April 20, 2020”. They still have five and a half hours to post.
Yeah the first part of that was said almost word for word a page back, I would agree that interpretation of the Union email. The second paragraph you posted references system bids not COLA-1, specifically rebidding the last system bids that were canceled.

The whole reason behind the 5 emails/texts from the union was to prepare the pilot group for a very abbreviated timeline for bidding April COLA-1. And the award could happen ASAP since the COLA month was starting immediately.