Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 04:33 PM
BrazilBusDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Hey all, hopefully shifting gears away from the current drama on the thread - I'm a Waterski refugee and Ameriflight has been my only bite on the ol' resume. I'm excited to be getting into cargo considering the pandemic-induced hiring environment on the pax side and I'm looking forward to learning a new aircraft and getting some 135 TPIC solo time under my belt. Just a little curious about what I'm getting into - any pointers for training and IOE?

I'll be (sigh) commuting for the first 5-6 months but I'm either going to bid back towards home at that point if vacancies exist, or the family is moving out there. It would be hard to sell a house right now with the whole damned state locked down, and at any rate we haven't been in the house two years yet. I know that's gonna be tough but it's looking like this or unemployment so I guess I'll suck it up for as long as I need to. Any pointers in that regard? Do bases tend to open and close often (ie rent, don't buy if we have to move) or have things been pretty stable at Ameriflight lately?