View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 09:14 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by mikea72580 View Post
Any Vaccine approved will have to demonstrate a minimum level of efficacy and the confidence they give the traveling public will be the largest contributor to the resumption of normalized revenue.
I think you think you're countering my argument but we're saying the same thing about this and you're too blinded by your fixed predisposition to even realize it. This is, however, what I'm referring to WRT the fake binary dichotomy the faithful adherents of both extremes like to lure everyone into. Perhaps you read any counterpoint to the silver bullet vax side of things as "anti vaxer" and then dismiss it out of a sense of intellectual superiority. That's clearly not what I was saying, and I'm not even sure what you get out of even trying to frame the debate like that.

A vax is not going to be the silver bullet to this crisis for quite some time, if ever, and by then its role in the industry's recovery will very much be a tertiary issue. It may (and more likely than not) will help a bit, eventually. We (the nation collectively) will have to get back to work well prior to that though, or there won't be anything for us to come back to. Well not exactly; there will always be rich people who like to play with airplanes and an endless supply of pump and dump start ups, every once in a while a few of which will go on to become well established. So there's that.

Maybe I triggered you by being critical of the flu vax. If you don't like the actual efficacy of it and what, the CDC, the NIH and the vaccine manufacturer's own labels say about its effectiveness as well as side effects and downline susceptibility to other things, then believe whatever you want. Not exactly very hashtag science of you though.

But keep on chasing those waterfalls.