Thread: Perspective....
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 06:24 AM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by Hank Kingsley View Post
Tell me how it's a windfall? 5 full year B scale. What was that? 9/11, that was fun time in our lives. BK, what a party. I was ready to go at 60. That pension thingy got in the way. That had me doing the bossa nova in South Beach.
Hank,

Age 65 was indeed a windfall for everyone approaching 60 in the left seat - 5 more years at the top of the food chain when all ahead of you had to retire at 60. Try telling the guys who lived through the B scale and 9-11 and retired at age 60 that age 65 was not a windfall. Just like the B scale was a screw job for all who lived through it.

Call it like it is and don't try to spin it. You can't on one hand claim that age 65 was not a windfall and on the other hand claim the B scale was not a screw job. They both affected Pilots one positively and the other negatively.

I am not saying guys in your demographic did not get screwed but claiming age 65 was not a windfall is too much of a stretch. I think the guys who got screwed the worst were the early 90 furlough guys followed closely by the 9-11 furlough group, but what can we do about it? All demographics have been screwed to varying degrees by the vicissitudes of this career, we are even now seeing the 2 and 3 year Captain group who were going to have the "Dream career" talk about furloughs. Its all part of, dare I say it, wait for it........................................"Living the Dream!"

Scoop

Last edited by Scoop; 04-05-2020 at 06:35 AM.