View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 07:37 AM
CoyoteFlyer
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2017
Default 23K Carry Out and Bidding

Trying to wrap my head around this and hoping some folks smarter than I can help out. I have a 5 day carry out trip (01-05 May) with 21:00 of credit scheduled into the May bid period. It has already been NOOP'ed and I have a recovery obligation posted for 01 May. I'm trying to figure out how this will affect bidding for May.

-If I bid for a line in May, I assume the 21:00 of credit goes toward my May LCW just as any other regular carry out trip (regardless if/when I complete any recovery flying)?

-If I bid for reserve in May: Normally a carry out trip just counts toward your reserve guarantee and those days count towards on call. Is this still true with the 23K? (i.e. 21:00 towards May's reserve guarantee and the 4 days of the original footprint counted as on call days). Does actual assigned or slipped recovery flying affect that at all? Would it matter if the recovery flying for that trip occur during April or over the original trip footprint?

-Should there be anything pre-posted in PBS (like if I was still was scheduled to fly the carry out trip)? Right now there is nothing pre-posted to indicate I have any 23K credit or obligation into May.

-Any suggestions for the best way to bid for May (line vs. res / where to put X days) and if it makes a difference if I try to complete recovery flying in April or wait to slip or get assigned over the original trip? I feel like there are some nuances here that could come back to bite me. Thanks.