View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 12:30 PM
IDriveJets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2019

We have no bloody clue when this virus will be curbed or cured if that. We have no clue when the economy will start to recover.

Call me a simpleton but would I rather focus on saving money after a pandemic or blowing it on air travel? This virus caught America and Americans with our pants down and butts bare. People are definitely thinking what’s important to them now or should have taken importance.

Even when the economy opens up, recovery won’t be overnight or even 6 months. The damage this thing has done will take a long time to recover from. China just started reopening stuff and had to shut it down again because the virus started coming back. Factor that in as well, it won’t go away completely.

Everything is being dictated by the virus and some dork sitting on his computer sipping Earl Grey tea at UND or Riddle can’t be right. When the hell did a virus REALLY impact the airline world like this? Even bird flu or swine flu didn’t do this kind of damage. A company like Emirates is bleeding through its rear end and looking for money even with their subsidies.

People will be afraid to travel unless everyone is like woohoo let’s get on a plane because everything is dandy. It isn’t the invisible enemy for nothing. Would you feel safe right after a pandemic getting on a wide body or CRJ with someone right next to you?

Of course we want to be positive, plan for the worst and hope for the best but this is unchartered territory for EVERYONE not just airline pilots and nobody has a real answer on how we’ll overcome this.

If the 50 seaters go then they go and it’s better we adopt a mindset of accepting that now than be given a rude awakening later and thinking of a backup plan of employment. If they stay then perfect for us and it’s happy days...

just my two cents.